Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Really!?

Boy am I glad I decided to spend the night tonight! I don't know if it is the holiday, or the fact that Jake is doing so well, but I really feel like they gave him the B-Team tonight. Up until now, the nurses here have been Awesome!!! But this one we have now, I think I would make a better nurse at this point. He just had a really good feeding, so I'm getting over the whole bottle thing. Now I have a new issue. She is taking care of a 4 week old baby and is surprised he wants attention is gassy. All of my babies have been gassy at this age. Before she left on break she even dropped the M word (Morphine)! Really!? Narcotics are not necessary! He is just gassy! Please don't just give my baby morphine simply because you are sick of standing next to him while patting his back... 2 minutes later I burped him, rewrapped him (in an actual burrito mind you) and put his duck on his head- passed out! 


Does this look like a kid that needs a shot of Morphine per RN? 

I know I should get some sleep. I'm gonna be a wreck in the morning. But I really don't trust her. The other nurses all have acute patients and really don't have time to babysit our nurse and take care of their cases. All they hear is little man crying, figure he must be in pain, and sign off on the drugs. Ridiculous! Guess I'm not sleeping next to the creepy old guy upstairs after all. Too Bad

No comments:

Post a Comment