Thursday, September 5, 2013

Following the Plan

Jacob has been given a journey. One in which he has had to fight hard to claim. We have received strength though our Heavenly Father to follow his plan for us. 

I will Follow God's Plan
(Children's Song Book, p.164)

"My life is a gift; my life has a plan.
My life has a purpose; in heav'n it began.
My choice was to come to this lovely home on earth
And seek for God's light to direct me from birth.
I will follow God's plan for me,
Holding fast to his word and his love.
I will work, and I will pray;
I will always walk in his way.
Then I will be happy on earth
And in my home above."



I know God has a Plan for Jacob! 

"It is centered on the Atonement of Jesus Christ. If you will follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, you will find lasting inner peace in this life and eternal joy after death...


When you understand that God is your Father, that He loves you, and that He has made it possible for you to gain experience and knowledge here and become like Him after this life, you know the importance of your decisions during your life. You understand that you must follow Jesus Christ to receive the full blessings of Heavenly Father’s plan. 



You can know for yourself that these things are true by asking Heavenly Father in prayer. He will answer you through the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost is also called the Spirit of God, and one of His roles is to witness, or testify, of the truth. The Holy Ghost reveals and confirms truth through feelings, thoughts, and impressions. The feelings that come from the Holy Ghost are powerful, but they are also usually gentle and quiet. As taught in the Bible, “The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, [and] temperance” (Galatians 5:22–23). These feelings are a confirmation from the Holy Ghost that this message is true. You will then need to choose whether you will live in harmony with the teachings of Jesus Christ." (The Plan of Salvation)

http://mormon.org/beliefs/plan-of-salvation




1 comment:

  1. So excited for Jacob's progress! You have a miracle baby! Heavenly Father is watching over Jacob and his wonderful parents. You are still in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete