Monday, September 2, 2013

Nearing the end... Hopefully

What a whirlwind! We started this journey with the expectation of being here for 5 weeks (minimum). We were told BEST CASE SCENARIO was 2-3 weeks post-op. Now were are here being told he has "one foot out the door." He is still in CV, but Drs seem to think we should be transferred any day. He is still on the feeding tube, but strictly supplemental at this point. His Oxygen levels are good, but he still has dips every now and then, so he does get Oxygen treatments. There is still progress to be made, but it is MINIMAL. Today at rounds they went as far as to say possibly the end of the week (which we know really means next Tuesday). What great news. I am now on a feeding schedule with little Jake, and I have never been so excited to spend the night in the hospital! I can not sleep bedside, so I am in a communal room with 5 strangers. But I have my own chair that converts into a bed. Once he gets moved I should beagle to sleep in Jakes room. That will be nice. Until then I'm just trying to be quite as to not wake my "roommates" when it's time to go down to nurse. 

(This is the guy in the chair next to me... Weird!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment