Monday, September 9, 2013

FHE- Thanksgiving and Service

FHE!?

For those of you that don't know. We are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. That's right, we're a bunch of Mormons! (Incase the 4 kids under 5 didn't give it away.)

As members of the church we always try to follow the practice of FHE (Family Home Evening). The church encourages families to pick one night a week, other than Sunday, to do a family activity. Usually it involves a lesson of some sort, and most often involves a treat. Sometimes we just do something fun together and call it a night. I find it really brings my family together.

This is the first week we have done FHE since Jacob has been born. But I am going to try my best to get back on track.

We have been the recipients of A LOT of service. I figure what a better thing to talk about!? Thanksgiving and service only seemed appropriate. Without the service of our friends, neighbors, church members, and even some strangers we would not have gotten through everything as well as we have. Yes there is still trial ahead. But I am thankful for where we are today. 


Tonight each one of us picked a picture of Christ. Then we discussed the scripture story that went to each picture. In every picture Christ was serving other, praying for others, healing others. Christ has healed my family. We have been served. 

Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. (Matthew 25:40)

- Thank you, I hope I can one day serve you as you have served me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment