Sunday, September 15, 2013

One week home.

We have been home for a week. Wow! What an adjustment. 

Little adjustments: 
- don't let him lay on his tummy
- waterless wipe baths
- grab him on his top and bottom, not under his arms or around his rib cage
- "WASH YOUR HANDS!"
- Lysol and Clorox everything!!!

Big Adjustments: 
- no school
- no play days
- don't touch your friends 
- don't touch your brother!
- come inside, take a bath, change your clothes
- no trips grocery to the store
- no extra kids around the house

It has been an adjustment for the whole family. But the biggest adjustment is having a sensitive baby around. After living in a hospital he has become a lot more sensitive to the things around him. Lights, sounds and other people really make him nervous. On occasion Brad's mom could hold him. He's getting better with Brad, but he has a really tough time unless he is being held by me, Mom. He is getting better, but it is an adjustment I did not anticipate. Thank goodness for Grandmas!!! Brad's mom was here last week and my mom will be here this week. I am typically so self-reliant, so having to count on others for everything while I comfort Jake is such an adjustment. It's so interesting how he can tell if I'm even in the room. Poor little guy is re-adjusting to everything, and so are all of us! 

When he's asleep he opens one eye as if to make sure it is still me. I can't get anything done, but I still think it is sweet. 



No comments:

Post a Comment