Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Waiting on Rounds

Still no news. Typically rounds are around 9:00/9:30, not today. It really our chance to talk to the surgical attending, the Dr, the nurse practitioner, head nurse, and everyone else involved in he treatment. We find out all of his statistics, test results, operating numbers, fluid output... Etc. oh yeah... Their Plans!!! 

Today however they are running on the later side. It's about 10:40 and there have been no signs of rounds for Jake. Things are rarely making any big changes, which at this point is a good thing. So, any positive changes or news is welcomed. 

He is no longer on a temperature watch. He also is awake A LOT more. I think this is the most alert he has ever been. It is so nice and comforting to see his little eyes looking back at us. I can see his spirit. I don't know if he can quite focus on us yet, but I like to think he can see Brad and I look back at him. 

Patience has never been my strong suit. Perhaps that is one of the reasons I am here. Add it to the list! Patience, humility, strength, faith, trust, righteousness, charity, selflessness... Thank goodness for the Holy Ghost. I am beginning to understand what it means to have Christ as my rock. Without his aid I don't want to think of where we could be. I can feel his strength lifting me up everyday. 

2 comments:

  1. Cyndie, today in seminary I taught about Laman and Lemuel complaining about 'hard things'. At the end i did an object lesson. Told them water represented the hard things in life that come to all of us. I had (at home) put eggs and carrots into boiling water. It changed the soft thing to hard, the hard thing to soft and I told them if I'd put my hand in it would have destroyed it. Hard things happen to all of us and how we deal with them is how the outcome is determined. I'm sure you're gaining strength and becoming stronger as individuals and as a family as Jake's health progresses. We continue to pray for all of you. We love you. Candace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cyndie - My heart aches for you and Brad and your family. I type this through tears. I know our Heavenly Father is watching over you and Jake. However, it doesn't make it easy to deal with your trial. Know that we are sending prayers your way, for you and for Jake. Hang in there! -Allesha (Clay's wife)

    ReplyDelete