Monday, August 26, 2013

Perspective


It is amazing how quick your perspective can change. Things that I have always taken for granted in my child's growth and development I value so much. Never would I have thought that I would feel so happy to see my new baby completely paralyzed (temporarily) and sedated with his chest wide open. 

Yet here I am. This is the healthiest he has been his whole life! Just being alive with a hope of recovery is all I could ask for this morning. I miss his sweet spirit and I can't wait to see it return. (We willbe able  to take him out of sedation probably next Sunday or Monday). 

I know it is tough to see him now, and he will get worse before better. We expect quite a bit of swelling and bruising, especially in the next week, but I know he is strong enough to make it through! 

Right Now, we just hope to make it through the night without major complication. The surgeons have done their job. (So amazing what they are able to do!) 

This is Jake's turn at the wheel. Hopefully his heart will do what it is supposed to do. If it can respond well to the medication and begin to do the job on it's own we can continue to progress. This is a long slow process and all we can do is rely on faith that his heart will continue to pump and circulate his blood through his body. 

Never did I think we would have nothing more than the single desire to make it to morning. 12, 24, 48. Let's make it through the first 24! 

1 comment:

  1. Sitting at the computer absolutely sobbing. We are praying every minute for Jacob. We wish we were there to support you. Know that we are loving you and sending all our hope and prayers from AZ.

    ReplyDelete