Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Just Stop Asking...

I am giving up on the question, "When?"

I like to think I'm a pretty quick learner. In this experience I am learning that if I ask when I will almost always be disappointed with the answer. And if I get an answer I like, I will most likely be disappointed with the actual followthrough. I don't think it is a matter of poor service or expectation. I think that on something so complex as the human heart they really don't know. Everything is a case by case guess. With his surgery my answer was hopefully today, but he might get bumped. It was the same with his heart meds. Then the diuretic, "he's not ready for it... He is doing great. He doesn't need it... He still has too much fluid we are going to administer it... Well, we had to dial it back. He seems to be loosing too much fluid right now..." 

Now we are awaiting chest closure. We were originally told to plan on Friday. When we came in on Monday morning we were told he was doing remarkably well and they stopped his heart meds. We were also told to anticipate chest closure on Tuesday. I have decided it is an indefinite "tomorrow." My guess, next Tuesday. I'm really trying to aim low here. I figure it will decrease my chance of disappointment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment