Sunday, October 13, 2013

We made it!

We have finally made it! Quarantine is over. Caymen gets to go back to school tomorrow. We can leave the house! I don't think I have ever been so excited to go to the market. I get to live a normal mom life! 



Today we had brunch with one our great friends. Caymen and Ruby got to play with friends... And I got to go out! The girls have missed friends and school so much, so to see them playing with other kids lifted my heart. 

This week we go to the Dr. for our 6 week post-op appointment. Hopefully all will go well. We should get the ok to take Jake to Church and school. We will see...? 


As for overall health Jake is a trooper! He is off his meds. He is sleeping regularly (only up 2X per night). He is gaining weight. He is growing out of clothes. Best of all he SMILES! He is so smiley. I am so grateful every time he looks up and smiles. His eyes have become a deep greyish blue. They are huge, and they have these great long dark eyelashes.

 I have appreciated all of my childeren individually. They each have something wonderful to offer. They start out sweet, and soft, and loving, and cuddly... Then they grow. Their personalities begin to emerge. I can't wait to see Jake's personality! I can't wait to truely meet him. I feel I cherish every little thing so much more than I did ever before. "You never know what you have till you loose it." I have such a deeper understanding of the saying. Only 7 weeks ago I sat in the car driving to the hospital not knowing if he would make it there, much less home from the hospital. Now, I get to sit here in my home with my beautiful baby asleep on my lap. Even better every now and then his eyes slightly open up, peek up at me, and then shut tightly after flashing a hint of a smile. I love my son. I love my home. I love my faith. I love my family. I have been so blessed. 





No comments:

Post a Comment