Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Flash back


Looking at him here asleep on the carpet brings back such memories of our stay in the hospital. I feel like he should look so different, bit at times like this he looks the same. He should look different, but he is the same little baby. Swap out the breathing tube for a binkie. His baby PTSD is getting much better. He doesn't freak out when he hears a new voice. Lights don't seem to bother him as much. He's getting used to Brad and the girls, but he is still a little nervous/anxious. I think my mommy PTSD is just setting in. I wake up in the middle of the night to check on him. I won't put him down unless he's asleep. I over analys every poop and spit-up. I'm constantly checking his vitals. I know everything is good now. At least that is what the Dr tells me. There is a part of me that doesn't believe it. I'm afraid any day something will happen and we will be right back in the hospital. Next week he have more Drs appointments and I'm hoping it will put me more at ease. 

No comments:

Post a Comment